- In Part 1, we looked at price. Is it important or not (read the article to learn more)?
- In Part 2, we checked out speed. Is it worth expediting your solar installation?
- In Part 3, we explored experience. How many installations does it take to become an expert?
Now we’re ready to really dig in and look at what many believe is the single most important criterion for rating installers.
We’re, of course, talking about “installation quality.”
The Best Contractor Based on the Quality of the Installation
Okay. Price, speed, and experience are great. But ultimately, you want a high quality solar installation that:
- Delivers the most energy per square inch
- Lasts for decades (with minimal upkeep)
- Offers the highest returns over the next 25-40 years
But what makes a solar PV system high quality?
Well for starters, you want installers who are certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).
It’s worth noting that NABCEP-certification isn’t required. In fact, the solar industry has very few official requirements. But it’s highly recommended – especially if you plan on applying for financing or incentives.
You also want your installation team to include at least 1 licensed electrician. Only he or she can legally connect your solar PV system to San Diego’s utility grid.
Next, you want a solar installer who uses high quality components that carry a minimum warranty of 20 years. 25 years is even better.
Lastly, you want someone who can provide 3rd party recommendations, referrals, and reviews – preferably from previous clients.
We can’t stress this point enough. Any solar contractor worth a dime should be able to provide credible references. If they can’t, then move on.
Are We the Best Solar Panel Installer in San Diego?
Quality is key. So how does Sunline Energy stack up?
Pretty darn good.
- Our top-notch team is NABCEP-certified
- We have California electrical licensing
- We customize solar solutions using only the best PV components
And probably most important, we have more 5-star Yelp! reviews than any other solar installers in the San Diego area.
This distinction speaks volumes about the quality of our work. But if you’d like to read more reviews or speak with past clients directly, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’ll put you in touch – no questions asked.
If you still need more convincing, then check out Part 5 of our series (tomorrow) – and then make your decision.
In the meantime, don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. All solar quotes and consultations are 100% free.