- In Part 1 of this series, we explored how you can save money instantly
- In Part 2, we looked at how to make money from your solar panels
These are pretty powerful motivations for going solar.
But in our opinion, protecting the environment should be the #1 reason why every homeowner and business should take the plunge. Here are some quick facts to help explain why we feel this way:
- Average temperatures have increased 1.4°F since 1880. And that rate keeps increasing exponentially. The 1980s and 1990s were 2 of the hottest decades in the past 400 years.
- Climate experts predict that the polar ice caps will be completely “ice” free by the summer of 2040.
- Glaciers are disappearing – rapidly. In 1910, Montana’s Glacier National Park had 150 glaciers. Now there are only 27.
- Global sea levels have risen nearly 8 inches since 1870.
- America pumps out 6 billion tons of CO2 annually – 40% of which comes from utility companies and power plants.
In picturesque, sunny San Diego, it’s hard to appreciate the scope of this global destruction. But you don’t have to look very far. California’s wildfires are a direct result of higher and dryer temperatures.
How Does Installing Solar Panels Protect the Environment?
Going solar reduces our reliance on fossil fuels, thus, reducing emissions and slowing down the pace of global warming.
Remember that solar panels don’t pollute, nor do they “spill.”
Actually, solar panels do pollute a little bit. It takes a lot of fossil fuel energy to create today’s PV panels, and there’s also a fair amount of waste that comes out in the manufacturing process.
But with 25+ year lifetimes, solar panels more than make up for this many times over. The energy payback period of modern PV panels is about 4 years. This is how long it takes for the clean electricity produced to exceed the dirty electricity used to create each panel.
Do You Really Need Another Reason to Go Solar in San Diego?
If you’re still unsure, you should go back and read some of the facts outlined above. The planet is in crisis, and the situation is getting worse. By installing solar panels today, you can play an important role in halting climate change and protecting the environment.
That you also benefit financially is simply icing on the cake.
If you still need additional convincing, then definitely tune in tomorrow when we look at reason #4.
But if you’re ready to join us in our mission to protect the one and only planet that we have, then contact us today for a free solar PV quote. You pay nothing to begin exploring your options.