“How much will my solar installation cost?”
At Sunline Energy, this is (by far) the most popular question we receive from prospective customers in the San Diego area.And it makes perfect sense.You want to know what you’re getting into before committing. Even with all of the great incentives and financing options out there, a typical San Diego solar installation is still a long-term investment.But, many homeowners and businesses focus exclusively
on price – or at the very least – make cost the most important criterion in their decision-making.Believe it or not, this is a mistake. Let’s explore why.
Your San Diego Solar Installation – 5, 20, and 40 Years from Now
There aren’t many guaranteed investments these days. The stock market is a casino (as we all learned back in 2008
). Even education no longer delivers the returns it once did. Just ask any college grad trying to find a job
in today’s economy.But solar is as close to a sure-fire winner as you can get. From Day 1
, you begin paying lower monthly electricity bills. And those lower bills last you for the next 25 to 40 years
.There are 2 important takeaways here:
- Payback periods for a standard San Diego solar installation can be as short as 4 to 6 years. As grid electricity prices continue to rise, average payback periods for new installations will actually become shorter.
- After you recoup expenses, you continue generating clean, free electricity for the next 20, 25, or even 35 years.
In 2033, you won’t be thinking about how much your installation cost back in 2013. In fact, there’s a good chance you’ll have completely forgotten just 4 to 6 years from now.This is why solar installation cost should be secondary to more important factors.What factors exactly?
Your San Diego Solar Installation – Quality Above All Else
You’re out of the woods. The year is 2018 and you’ve used your electricity bill savings to fully recoup any and all costs from your solar installation.What are your primary concerns right now?Well, at this point, you want to continue generating optimal power from your solar installation for as long as possible. After all, we’re talking about clean, free energy.So in 2018 (and for the next 20 to 35 years), you’ll be wondering:
- Did I purchase the most reliable system possible? Breakages and repairs make it harder to derive optimal value from my solar investment.
- Did I buy the most powerful solar panels I could? The higher the output, the more free electricity I can enjoy.
- Did I hire the right solar contractor? Poor workmanship reduces my ability to generate uninterrupted solar energy for the next several decades.
Remember that solar is an investment that pays for itself many times over. But only
if you use quality parts and labor.So does this mean price is irrelevant?No. Price is still important – but it’s secondary to quality.Instead of picking the best solar installation within
your budget, you should select the best solar installation… and then budget accordingly.Fortunately, this has never been easier.Even the most expensive San Diego solar installations are within reach of average homeowners thanks to incentives, rebates, and financing options (many of which require $0 upfront).To learn more about how to make your
installation as affordable as possible – without sacrificing quality – contact us today for a free consultation.