In previous posts, we tackled common questions like:
- Whether or not a solar contractor offers free consultations. The answer should always be yes. You shouldn’t have to pay for a solar evaluation.
- Whether or not an installer is NABCEP-certified. This is not a requirement, but it’s highly recommended.
- Whether or not an installer is a licensed electrician. For many incentives, being licensed IS a requirement.
- Whether or not they help with loans. Some San Diego solar power electricians only work with leases. Click here to learn why solar loans are better.
Today we wanted to add one more important question to the list.
Will You Still Be Around 10 Years from Now?
When hiring solar power electricians for your installation, you want to make certain they’re in it for the long haul.
We’ll explain why in a moment.
You need to uncover this information indirectly by asking questions like:
- How long have you been in business?
- How many installations have you done?
- Do you have any referrals and recommendations?
- Do you have any reviews online (ex: Yelp)?
- Do you have solar panels installed on your own homes or offices?
So Why Are These Questions Important?
Every reputable solar installation comes with 2 sets of warranties:
1. The manufacturer’s warranty, which covers you for parts and equipment. Most solar panels in San Diego come with 20-25 years of protection.
2. The installer’s workmanship warranty, which covers you for labor. High quality installations come with 5 to 10 years of protection.
Now – solar is an incredibly resilient technology. Breakages are rare. And with minimal upkeep, your installation should last 40+ years without any problems – especially if it’s installed by a qualified contractor.
But problems can and do happen. And you want to make certain that whoever performs the installation will still be in business years from now. Otherwise, the “workmanship” warranty means nothing.
Most reputable solar power electricians in San Diego back their workmanship with a minimum of 5 years.
At Sunline Energy, we offer our customers 10 years of workmanship protection. And we don’t recommend hiring any solar installation team that offers less.
To learn more about solar warranties – or to request a free evaluation – contact us today.