- If you choose the right panel, you can enjoy decades of clean and free electricity – backed by a short payback period and high ROI.
- If you choose the wrong panel, you’re potentially leaving money on the table (best case scenario). Under the worst-case scenario, you may end up investing a lot more money (with costly repairs and maintenance).
In yesterday’s post, we looked at why we use SolarWorld panels for many of our installations. But another favorite of ours is the LG solar panel. Let’s review why.
How Do LG Solar Panels Stack up?
LG is an unlikely contender. Based in South Korea, the company is more famous for its electronics – i.e. phones, computer screens, and televisions. Its entrance into the solar market is relatively recent.
But in a very short time, LG has made quite an impression on the solar energy community. Leveraging its extensive expertise in technology and innovation, LG has managed to create a line of panels to rival much more established brands.
- When it comes to performance, LG solar panels offer enviable energy output – even under the harshest of weather conditions.
- When it comes to endurance and durability, these panels don’t disappoint. In fact, LG recently doubled its product warranty (from 5 years to 10 years). And it guarantees a minimum power output of 80.2% after 25 years.
- Cost is probably the main selling point of LG solar panels. Given their overall performance and longevity, LG panels are competitively priced – helping to shorten payback periods considerably.
One More Reason Why We Like LG Solar Panels
LG is on a mission to reduce greenhouse gas emissions – not simply through its product line, but also through its manufacturing processes.
Its panels were the 1st solar PV modules to ever be eligible for the CarbonFree Certification Label.
We really like this aspect. Many solar manufacturers focus exclusively on product sales and profits. But LG actually walks the walk – doing everything it can to reduce its carbon footprint (as a company).
So Which Solar Panels Will We Use for Your Property?
Given that we use 2 completely different solar panel brands, how do we decide which technology to use on your roof?
That’s a very good question.
We make a decision after carefully analyzing:
- Your rooftop (including obstructions, shading, and layout)
- Your historic electricity usage
- Your property’s solar exposure
Thereafter, we custom design a complete solar installation to fit your long-term energy goals. Sometimes, LG solar panels offer faster payback periods. Sometimes, SolarWorld panels win out.
To learn which panels we’ll use on your property, contact us today for a free solar consultation.