This next criterion is a little bit harder to pin down. You’ll have to really do your homework to uncover it. That’s because some solar panel installers are more interested in making a sale than in helping you join the new green economy.
In other words, they aren’t terribly transparent.
The Best Solar Power Installer in San Diego – Based on Transparency
Solar sells itself. It’s a remarkable technology that captures free energy from the sun and reduces our reliance on fossil fuel.
It’s affordable. Clean. Infinite.
And yet, there are countless installers throughout San Diego who use gimmicky marketing and exaggerated promises to win new business:
- They try to upsell you on non-essential services
- They try to make you buy larger systems than you need
- They push unrealistic payback periods and ROIs
- They’ll lie about (or cover up) their lack of experience
- They’re responsive upfront but impossible to contact later on
This is a real shame because it gives the entire industry a bad name. Solar doesn’t need to be sugarcoated. It’s already awesome – at today’s prices and with today’s technology.
At Sunline Energy, we give it to you straight – even when doing so chases business opportunities away.
When you book a free appointment with our solar installation team, we give you the facts. For example:
- Not everyone is a good solar candidate. If we don’t feel that your property will deliver sufficient returns to justify an installation, we’ll tell you so upfront.
- We also recommend against many of the more popular types of financing that some installers promote (i.e. solar leases). Doing so loses us clients and business. But our goal is to equip you with the best solar installation possible – with the best terms possible.
- We don’t try to oversell you on anything. If you want your panels cleaned, we can do this – but it’s not always necessary. If you want a large system, we’ll often recommend energy efficiency strategies to help you qualify for a smaller installation. Again, our goal is long-term growth and not short-term profits.
So Are We the Best Solar Panel Installer in San Diego?
It’s hard to say for sure. Transparency is not easy to measure upfront. And there are some really slick sales pitches out there (we see them all the time).
One way to get around this, however, is to speak with previous clients or read independent, 3rd party reviews on sites like Yelp! You can verify whether the promises and expectations live up to all the hype.
In this regard, Sunline Energy has a pretty solid track record.
- We have an entire roster of satisfied clients – we’d be happy to put you in touch with any of them (or you can check out some of their projects here).
- We also have more 5-star Yelp! reviews than any other solar panel contractors in San Diego County. You can read those reviews here.
If these 3rd party recommendations are sufficient, then great. Contact us today for your free solar quote.
But if you need a little bit more convincing, then tune in tomorrow for our 6th and final installment of this ongoing series.