Adding solar to your home or business has many benefits. Producing electricity is an option that enables you to avoid paying for electricity. Keeping electricity costs down and helping the environment is crucial as electricity costs rise, especially with longer and hotter summers anticipated as climate change continues.
Solar energy has a fascinating environmental impact, as well. As California utilities generate most of their electricity from natural gas, switching to solar energy is a great thing that you can do to ensure a healthier and cleaner future.
Don’t just add solar to your home or business to save money. Eco-friendly benefits are worth considering.
- Solar technology will reduce greenhouse gas and CO2 emissions. Throughout the average year in California, a home uses just over 13,000 kilowatts. Even installing a small system can reduce your energy bill by 80%. A solar energy system offsets greenhouse emissions from 150,000 pounds of coal and 48 tons of landfill waste.
- A pure solar-powered electric vehicle (EV) is possible. In addition, 100% of the traditional CO2 emissions are offset. It’s important to realize that many homeowners are unaware that if you charge your car using a non-solar home, you will have to pay the energy expense on your monthly bill. Solar panels that are well designed can provide power for your home and car.
- It’s a little-known fact that solar reduces water pollution. It has the most advantage. While all manufacturing processes need water, including solar panel manufacturing, the amount of water required to generate solar is less than conventional sources. Solar energy poses no threat to water resources. Local water supplies, such as drinking water and agriculture, are not stressed.
- Resources are less strained with solar energy. As the world population grows, Earth’s natural resources will exhaust. However, the sun is one of the most abundant energy sources, producing 173,000 terawatts of solar energy a second! There is about 10,000 times more energy in the universe than all the combined energy on the planet combined. Fossil fuel, on the other hand, is not only dirty but also limited. At some point, non-renewable energy can be extinct and be too expensive, putting strain on the world.
- If we don’t commit to a change, we might see catastrophic and irreparable damage. Going solar is a great way to fight against dwindling fossil fuels.
Solar energy helps save the planet and brings about the change that we need. In the long run, it will save you thousands of dollars while making an immediate contribution to the environment.
So if you’re ready to go solar or would like to learn more, contact one of the best solar companies in San Diego. We have installed over 50,000+ solar panels in Southern California. Our team can design you a custom solar energy system based on your annual usage, so you get the most out of your investment.