- As a homeowner, you signal to neighbors that you care about the community. You are a responsible and involved steward of the environment. You’ve taken an important step forward and become part of the solution – not the problem.
- As a business, you signal to customers that you are a responsible corporate citizen who cares about the needs of those you serve. Profit is no longer your sole motivation. Again, you’re part of the solution – not the problem.
But wait a minute. What exactly is the problem?
The planet is in crisis. The environment is on the brink of collapse. National economies are failing. Air quality all over the globe is on the decline. Resource wars are becoming more frequent. Sea levels are rising. And the situation is only getting worse – year after year.
This is the problem.
If You Go Solar in San Diego, Will This Really Help the Situation?
But solar is growing at an unbelievable pace. And given the financial and environmental benefits of PV technology (and the rising cost of fossil fuel) everyone will eventually go solar.
It is inevitable.
Financially, going solar is the wise thing to do. After all, you save a ton of money month after month. But socially and environmentally, going solar is the responsible thing to do. And if you install panels today, you’ll really stand out:
- As a business, this corporate social responsibility will help you attract more clients, increase market share, and boost your profitability. The link between CSR and profits is well-documented. And if you start now, you’ll have a powerful competitive advantage over your rivals.
- As a homeowner, going solar is a badge of honor that separates you from the crowd. Let your neighbors play catch-up while you explore other ways to help the community.
As solar becomes more mainstream, you’ll eventually stand out for NOT installing panels on your residential or commercial property.
At Sunline Energy, we’re here to help you make the transition today. Contact us for a free solar quote so you can begin enjoying a sun-powered lifestyle.
Are extra savings, a cleaner environment, and thought leadership not enough for you? Be sure to tune in tomorrow when we tackle the last and final benefit of going solar in San Diego.
Over the past few weeks, we’ve explored a range of financial, environmental, and security reasons to go solar in San Diego. 9 reasons to be exact.
But in many ways, #10 is our favorite. Going solar allows you to “stick it to the Man.”
But who is the Man?
We’ll give you a definition in just a moment. But first, a quick question.
What is the most profitable business in human history?
The answer is ExxonMobil, which earned a record $49.5 billion in 2008 (adjusted to 2012 USD). Do you know who holds the #2, #3, #4, and #5 slots for largest annual corporate earnings?
The answer again is ExxonMobil. And if you extend the list to include the top 30 most profitable companies of all time, it includes Shell, BP, Chevron, and Russian oil company, Gazprom.
These companies are “the Man” because they:
- Sell a product that is toxic to the environment, harmful to our bodies, and terrible for the planet – both in its extraction and consumption.
- Are heavily subsidized and don’t pay taxes
- Continue to externalize costs like clean up, waste management, and air pollution
They do these things and reap record profits year after year – while most economies around the world continue to suffer – environmentally and financially. And don’t get us started on monopolistic utility companies that should be leading the renewable energy charge but continue to resist switching away from fossil fuel.
If this doesn’t make you mad, we don’t know what will.
How Does Installing Solar Panels Stick It to the “Man?”
When you install solar panels on your residential or commercial property, you’re able to generate your own clean power – for free:
- Solar energy is affordable
- Solar energy saves you money
- Solar energy protects the environment
- Solar energy is powerful enough to fuel the world
Big Oil (i.e. Exxon Mobil) and small oil (i.e. SDG&E) will continue to fight against solar energy. And our attitude is, let them. Because believe it or not, we don’t need them as much as they need us.
Go Solar in San Diego Today and Tell Big Oil, “No Thanks”
Solar power makes homes, businesses, and entire communities truly energy independent. There’s really no reason to continue renting electricity when you can just create your own – for free.
If you’re ready to take the plunge, contact us today for a free solar quote. Our expert installation team will analyze your property and assess its solar potential. Within a matter of weeks, you could begin generating your own clean electricity and saving money in the process:
- No more Big Oil
- No more utility bills
- No more pollution
And this concludes our mini-series on the top 10 reasons to go solar in San Diego (for now). If you’d like to go back to reason #1, click here.
And if you’re ready to request your free solar quote today.